Object-Driven Inquiry at SUAC
An integral part of the Stanford Archaeology Center’s mission is to make SUAC collections accessible to students and faculty for formal and informal object-based inquiry, research, and professional training. Faculty across departments are invited to integrate experiential learning into new or existing courses in a variety of ways:
- Bringing students to collections for illustrated lectures or hands-on exercises.
- Assigning original research of collection items.
- Collaborating with the Academic Curator to teach through exhibits at the Archaeology Center or Collections Space.
- Integrating collection data into digital humanities, GIS, or other public history projects.
- Training students on analytical techniques or recording technologies.
- Inviting the Academic Curator to provide guest lectures on topics including museum anthropology, collections history, collaborative methodologies, repatriation, or museum studies and professionalism.
Discover how to find us on our Visit Page.
Not at Stanford but interested in our collections? Learn more on our External Researchers page.